See how DataNovata is rated through Gartner's Peer-to-Peer portal Link »
Aerospace Project Completed in 3 Months
Application: Product Inventory Control Systems
To implement on a trial basis an archiving solution that would:
- Eliminate liability of legacy systems
- Quickly replace a system facing imminent withdrawal of database support
- Create cost-effective, reliable access to data
- Maintain compliance with data regulations
- Scale across multiple systems due for retirement
- Pilot project completed in 3 months, after which DataNovata was deployed within the client live environment
- Client enabled to switch off the old server and eliminate associated legacy costs
- DataNovata application was fully compliant accessing the SQL server database
- DataNovata API was shareable with other applications
Public Sector UK Local Government Mainframe Retired
Applications: CTAX, HBIS, OAP, UniPay/PER, PALS, HREP
- Retire the Fujitsu VME mainframe within the upgrade timeline
- Decommission applications even though they lacked documentation and source codes
- Maintain direct access to the data
- Avoid compromising the ROI benefits of the overall systems upgrade
- Project completed in 6 months via remote access to the VME mainframe and Windows Server.
- Mainframe successfully retired while retaining direct access to the data
- Client was able to fulfil its mandate
P&C Insurance Project Completed in 3 Months
- Maintain the same level of access to the data records
- Replace the application with a better way to access the data
- Make these changes efficient and cost-effective
- Project completed in 3 months, using remote access to the HP/UX Server.
- Client decommissioned its legacy platform application and retained the same functional level of accessibility.
P&C Insurance Project Completed in 3 Months with no Disruption
Applications: MR1 Call Centre Quotation &/ Application System – IBM CICS
- Decommission a seemingly immovable system with 40G of historic data
- Ensure that the design and functionality would succeed before the data could be transferred and host application decommissioned
- Maintain undisrupted access for 1300 registered users
- Comply with data retention and availability rules
- Decommissioned within 3 months
- No disruption for call center users
- Eliminated all associated costs of running on the mainframe
- Provided continuous, uniform access to all data
Office Supplies Enterprise Realize £40k ROI
Application: Movex ERP
Deliver a data platform solution that would:
- Consistently interpret a multiplatform application database schema
- Customize the user view of the data
- Function independent of the original host
- Allow rapid workflow to accelerate decommissioning cycles
- Not require retraining employees
- Price below operation costs
- Delivery of data files to completion of UAT was 16 weeks
- The entire Movex data history was accessible independent of the legacy host
- Legacy host was scheduled for immediate retirement
- Cost savings estimated at £40K p.a. on this first project
- Rationalization initiative helped the company reduce its data center footprint by 33%
Insurance Systems Simplified for ERP Migration
Applications: System 21 and Sun Accounts
- To dispose of multiple inherited systems
- Bring all its European offices under a common application data governance
- Avoid data migration for non-transactional data.
- Support the detailed user requirements at a significant reduction in operating cost
- Initial pilot proof of concept completed in a few weeks.
- Archiving solutions completed, inclusive of user training, 6 weeks before new ERP system launch.
- Closing balances only migrated to the new ERP (green field).
- Data history accessible through the DataNovata apps on desktop and mobile
- Minimal input from client IT Services allowed the client to focus on the new ERP system implementation.