RSA Mod-El Claims System Case Study
See how DataNovata is rated through Gartner's Peer-to-Peer portal Link »
Application(s): Non-COTS Application
Industry: P&C Insurance
Company Size: Large Enterprise, Tier 1 Insurance Co.Download the Case Study
Royal Sun Alliance’s Global Risk Solutions division maintained a dedicated application for Ministry of Defense Employer Liability (MOD EL) Claims management from 1996 to 2002.
The application was used infrequently yet compliance regulations required that the data could never be retired. In 2010 RSA embarked on a decommissioning initiative to update its systems to a new platform.
- Eliminate risk from the legacy data management
- Manage compliance and reduce risk of system failure
- Improve access to the source application history
- Reduce the operational cost of data access
- Export the data from its current host, Sybase RDBMS v 11.9.20
- Generate the DataNovata application
- Customize the screens users needed to access the >4,000 MOD EL claims on file
Project completed in 3 months, using remote access to the HP/UX Server.
RSA decommissioned its legacy platform application
RSA retained the same level of accessibility through an up-to-date UI
Cost of data management was reduced by 60% in one year
"We chose DataNovata as it provided us with a secure and on-demand method of retrieving legacy data from decommissioned applications."- Giles Baxter, UK & IS Change Director, RSA - Request a Meeting