See how DataNovata is rated through Gartner's Peer-to-Peer portal Link »
How Can DataNovata Help Security Agencies Modernize their Historic Data to Support Digital Initiatives and Requirements?
There has been a wave of technologies to bring greater transparency, efficiency and effectiveness to the important task of public safety. Additionally, regulations and data sharing standards such as NIEM have been put into place to improve and secure information transfer. However, historic data is not accessible through the new technologies and budgets are not equal across security agencies.
15 years on “only 37% of the U.S. public safety answering points having implemented NG911 capability” (source, Annual Report 2019, 911.gov). Multiple agencies need access to Case, Records & Digital Evidence systems in order to ensure public safety as well as operational transparency and oversight.
New technologies do not support the historic data, which is locked in inaccessible legacy data silos
Budgets are not equal across security agencies, nor are they allocated to costly data migrations
- Due to the mix of multiple non-interoperable legacy systems, much of the data is lying dormant and inaccessible
- Disparity in operational processes as well as technology buying patterns in the industry prevents easy data transfer between agencies and makes it difficult to comply with standards and regulations
- Data migration for so much historic data is exorbitantly expensive but paying legacy licenses when the data value is inaccessible drains funds unnecessarily
- It is difficult to access data from any end-point which may be necessary in the field
- DataNovata is a web-based data application platform where all data is easily accessible through a secure policy framework
- DataNovata is compatible with any system and easily customized, making data easy to research, analyze and transfer with referential data integrity
- Flexible licensing models suit different budgets and needs and with data secured without the need for mass migration, legacy can be decommissioned
- DataNovata is a read-only resource that can be accessed from any device with permissions enabled, making it the perfect, agile tool for security data access