SSL International Case Study
See how DataNovata is rated through Gartner's Peer-to-Peer portal Link »
Create a data bridge between the existing and future systems that would:
- Merge all of the company’s non-SAP databases that were not required for SAP license
- Define a common data structure for all the database variants that was meaningful to the business user.
- Segment the data application into relevant models e.g. Customer Care, Finance, Manufacturing.
- Plan for worldwide implementation in multiple languages using VMware on an SQL platform.
- Provide immediate access to all transaction and audit history
- Eliminate the cost of the legacy hardware
Generate an XML, Java-based, DataNovata application for:
• 11 iSeries/AS400’s
• Infor -BPICS
• System 21 (JBA)
• Data 3 (KBM)
• Various ERP systems from acquired companies
• 1500 database tables
• All data records of the past 2 years' history
Project took less than 12 months from start to completion
Only one week needed to train business users on the DataNovata application
SSL could successfully decommission its iSeries/AS400 platform with no loss of data integrity and accessibility
No additional licenses were needed for SAP in order to maintain full access to the data
"DataNovata exceeded our expectations. The team quickly understood what we were trying to achieve and we have found DataNovata to be robust and easy to use. I would certainly recommend DataNovata to anyone wishing to decommission applications.”- Stewart Sawinksi, Technical Architect Controller, SSL - Book a Meeting